December 2017: Art Inspired Gift Ideas for Men December 15 2017
- Paul Smith x Caran D'Ache 849 pens £35 each via Caran D'Ache.
- A Wassily Kandinsky Tie ($50)via LACMA Store
- Do It Yourself by Thomas Bärnthaler £19.95 viaPhaidon Press
- Moleskine Livescribe £9.60 viaAmazon
December 2016: Travel Gifts Ideas December 15 2016
Gift giving is always one of the hardest things to do around this time of the year. Weather it be for a close loved one or a distant friend, you always want to find the perfect gift. Here are some ideas to help you find something for the traveler in your life!
1.Scratchable World Map ($29)
2. Travel Candle (FREE)
Here is a how to page: http://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/DIY-Mint-Tin-Travel-Candle-32299327
3. A poster of their favorite trip from http://www.loosepetals.com/
4.Some Sassy Luggage Tags ($13)
5. Colorful Passport Holder ($27)
6.Ollo Clip 4-in-1 Lens ($80)
7.Tiny Mail Kit ($28.95)
8.CB2 Cork Globe ($129)
9.Champagne Carry-On Cocktail Kit ($24)
10.Linus Everyday Sac ($72)
11. Travel Stubs Diary ($12)
12.Kammok Camping Hammock ($100)
November 2016: Decorating for Holidays November 15 2016
Pantone Colors for Fall 2016 October 17 2016
When trying to achieve a special mood in your interior spaces, the Pantone colors of the season are a great resource to enhance your space. Pantone colors offer a rainbow of colors you can mix and match. Make your own picture perfect setting with the latest colors of the season. As the seasons change, you can adjust your interiors by adding some touches such as artwork as plants. This friendly chart made by FTD, offers simple splashes of bouquet colors that brighten rustic interiors effortlessly. Many of our city prints have these deep rich colors that compliment and match the colors of the season.
October 2016: Gifts for Designers October 15 2016
For those of you who have friends and colleges that have more of a design sense of style can be hard to buy gifts for. With the gift giving season to coming close here are some of our ideas behind what they might like:
1. Macaire Mini Bottles with Tray Set ($59)
2. Four Piece 12 Gauge Shotgun Shell Coaster Set W/ Base ($13)
3. Collector's Editions Plates ($6- $29)
4. Monochromatic Matte Clocks ($149)
5. Now Designs Printed Floursack Towels, Heritage Grains Print, Set of ( $18)
Tips for Decorating with Personal Souvenirs August 15 2016
Shadow Box - Piece together a shadow box with mementos you scored on your trip. Cut letters of the city out of postcards or photos and added in little touches like sand from the area. Add other small little trinkets that add to the design and feel of your trip
Bottles of Sand - Collect sand from your travels and create a display of them contained in bottles and jars of different shapes and sizes to add a shabby chic touch. Label them with the names of the places you took them from, and you'll have a display that's guaranteed to transport you to a different city. Or grab one big jar for your local store and put the sand in drawing a line at the top of each layer with where the sand is from.
Frame Up Paper Mementos - Take all the paper mementos you collected on your trip — be it photos, tickets, brochures, wrappers, maps, menus, currency, and more — and place them in a frame to create these collages. Play with the idea of using one large frame or using multiple smaller frames to create a large feature gallery wall.
Cubby Organizer - You can always organize your souvenirs in a cute cubby organizer. Try picking up some vintage printers trays to store your knickknack souvenirs in.
Memory Box - Use wooden boxes and stencil in the names of the cities, then paint them in different colors that would display well in your bookcase. This is great if you want to you’re your souvenirs on hand and (somewhat) on display but not having to put a lot of work into the actual display. Not only are these boxes pretty, but they'll also keep your souvenirs organized, which means you'll be able to relive a particular trip's memories with ease when you take out a box to explore its contents.
17 Ways to Make Your Bed the Comfiest Place on Earth November 24 2015
Make your bed even harder to get out of in the morning with these little tricks we found:
- Hang string lights above your bed to create a magical look.
- Dress your bed in a giant sweater with a cable-knit blanket.
- Get a real down comforter.
- Skip the top sheet and put a nice, washable duvet cover on your comforter.
- Throw down an extra fuzzy bedside rug to make things easier for your feet in the morning.
- A plushy, faux-fur throw on top of your bed covers will add Hollywood glam to your all-day Netflix sessions.
- Tuck your covers in neatly.
- Make your bed every day.
- Add pillows!
- With basic sewing skills, transform a new bath mat or accent rug into a cuddly throw pillow cover.
- Invest in a bedside lamp so you don't have to get up to turn off the overhead light.
- Save money on a fancy, tufted headboard by creating your own.
- Try linen sheets instead of cotton. They aren't cheap, but they get better and softer the more you sleep in them and last you for years.
- DIY a cozy canopy by hanging fabric from the ceiling. Option 1 for creating this canopy is to buy wooden dowels for just a few cents at a craft store and attach them to the ceilings with hooks or thumbtacks. Option 2 is to rig up two short curtain rods on either side of the bed. Both options are very affordable and add an elegant look to any bedroom.
- Add a foam or feather pillow-top pad to your mattress to make it softer.
- If your bed is in a nook or a particularly small room, turn it into a ship-shape hideaway with some curtains.
- Find someone furry to share a bed with. Puppies and kittens are the solution to almost any problem.
Source: Rachel Sanders, Buzzfeed.
10 Ways to Make Your Home Unique November 23 2015
Add personality and fun to your home with these 10 out-of-the-box home decoration ideas:
- Add bright pops of color to your kitchen
- Create hanging art from recycled plastic
- Fun living room chairs
- Wine cork bathmat
- Lightbox chair
- Oddly shaped chairs
- Canopy tent bed
- Colorful doors
- Bench artwork