17 Ways to Make Your Bed the Comfiest Place on Earth November 24 2015, 0 Comments
Make your bed even harder to get out of in the morning with these little tricks we found:
- Hang string lights above your bed to create a magical look.
- Dress your bed in a giant sweater with a cable-knit blanket.
- Get a real down comforter.
- Skip the top sheet and put a nice, washable duvet cover on your comforter.
- Throw down an extra fuzzy bedside rug to make things easier for your feet in the morning.
- A plushy, faux-fur throw on top of your bed covers will add Hollywood glam to your all-day Netflix sessions.
- Tuck your covers in neatly.
- Make your bed every day.
- Add pillows!
- With basic sewing skills, transform a new bath mat or accent rug into a cuddly throw pillow cover.
- Invest in a bedside lamp so you don't have to get up to turn off the overhead light.
- Save money on a fancy, tufted headboard by creating your own.
- Try linen sheets instead of cotton. They aren't cheap, but they get better and softer the more you sleep in them and last you for years.
- DIY a cozy canopy by hanging fabric from the ceiling. Option 1 for creating this canopy is to buy wooden dowels for just a few cents at a craft store and attach them to the ceilings with hooks or thumbtacks. Option 2 is to rig up two short curtain rods on either side of the bed. Both options are very affordable and add an elegant look to any bedroom.
- Add a foam or feather pillow-top pad to your mattress to make it softer.
- If your bed is in a nook or a particularly small room, turn it into a ship-shape hideaway with some curtains.
- Find someone furry to share a bed with. Puppies and kittens are the solution to almost any problem.
Source: Rachel Sanders, Buzzfeed.