December 2017: Art Inspired Gift Ideas for Men December 15 2017
- Paul Smith x Caran D'Ache 849 pens £35 each via Caran D'Ache.
- A Wassily Kandinsky Tie ($50)via LACMA Store
- Do It Yourself by Thomas Bärnthaler £19.95 viaPhaidon Press
- Moleskine Livescribe £9.60 viaAmazon
November 2017: Canada's Top Interior Designers November 15 2017
October 2017: Decorating with Fall Colors October 15 2017
Source: Better Homes & Gardens
September 2017: Australia's Top Designers September 15 2017
The idea of throwing party at your house one with lots of great family and friends, amazing food, and interesting conversation always seems like a good idea until you’re in the thick of it. Recent studies show that you should begin planning your event 6 to 12 months in advance to make sure that you have enough time and resources. Follow some easy tips and tricks you will find that hosting a gathering can be simple for you and a fun time for your guests.
There are a few important things to remember while planning any event– big or small – formal or casual:
- Give yourself enough time. Some people may have to use vacation time to come and without enough warning they cant make it, or other issues may arise so be sure to have a flexible date that works for the majority of people.
- The company matters the most. You do not need to have the perfect party. Make sure your guests will be comfortable. The kids will have something to play, and the adults have plenty of distractions to not worry about their kids.
- Delegate to everyone. When someone asks, can I help, say “yes.” Even if you don’t think they really can. Everyone can help and the more someone helps you out the easier your work load is.
- Remember to make or buy enough ice. Buy more than you need.
- Empty your entry closet so you have room for coats. If you need to, put the coats from the closet on a bed. Make sure you also have hangers.
- Don’t even think about doing the dishes while the party is going on. There is always time later that night or the next morning.
- Don’t be afraid to serve pre-made, store bought items or even take-out food.
- Pick up some disposable plastic containers to let people take home leftovers.
- Let someone else (besides you) bartend. Just means you have more time to enjoy the event. Your local bartender may even be willing to come out for a few hours if you ask nicely.
- You can never have too many garbage cans and bags out in all of the rooms.
June 2016: Where to hang your Travel Prints June 15 2017
Looking for a good place to hang your new art from Loose Petals? Well here are a few Ideas on where to hang your new art that you will love!
Use your newfound artwork to inspire you every morning. Hang your print somewhere in your bedroom so it is something that you see as you wake up or are getting ready for your day. You can hang it on the wall adjacent to the end of your bed or even in your personal bathroom to give you the reminder of your past travels.
Have an escape to paradise and put your travel prints in your office. If you have a home office, even better, then you can enjoy your memories at home as well! Or if you are just looking for a daydream getaway and are allowed to hang up personal belongings in your work place put your print somewhere at eye level to your desk so pure bliss is just a glance away.
Putting your artwork in the entry of your home can create an interesting topic for your guests even before they take off their shoes! Share your stories and experiences by hanging your travels along the entryway stairs or along side your front door. But be sure that they done sit in the sun for too much of the day, you don’t want your piece to get faded
Hanging your prints in your kitchen can give you that global inspiration to cook more ethnic and diverse foods. Using your prints to inspire your everyday life will give you a new look on something old.
May 2017: Decorating With Dark Colors May 15 2017
April 2017: Making collages with Small Travel Prints April 15 2017
Traveling is always something everyone loves to do, but what do you do with your pictures when you're done? Here is a list of creative ideas of ways to display all your fun adventures!
Hang a few Polaroids or smaller images on a string from the ceiling or shelf
Cut up a picture of you in the shape of the area you visited
Or use multiple images
Get a quality print of the location you went to and frame them all nicely side by side.
How to here: blog.snapboxprints.com/diy-state-photo-collage/1115769
Or use multiple smaller images and hang them in their own frames to give your walls a unique look.
Crate fun personalized magnets with your images
Use multiple smaller images matted in one frame
Or hang multiple Image on their own along your wall
March 2017: Adding More Luck to your Home March 15 2017
February 2017: Tips for Designing a More Romantic Bedroom February 15 2017
Replace dirty laundry, stacks of bills, coupons with and all those pictures, candlesticks, decorations, and children's painting that don’t already have a place. Or if you dot have much stuff in your room just by simply straightening up the room you can feel more collected and relaxed.
- Draperies or curtains are a great way to add depth and a soft feel to a room. Think of unexpected places to use them like adding a canopy to your bed frame. Soft linen sheets catch the wind and flow can give the space an added romantic appeal
- Pick bedding that will give you a relaxed comfortable bed, making it cozy. Color is a great way to give the room the feel you are looking for. Gold or bronze as they are known to create an environment of romance into your bed. Red, black, white, blue and green are also some of the few popular colors that can be used. Also try adding more pillows, yea you might not use them every night but even just making your bed and having a nice clean slate can change the look of a whole room. .
- The color scheme you choose for your bedroom is as important as the decorations. You want to choose colors that complement your goals and what you would like to do in the space. "Decorate your home with the colors you and your family love. It doesn't matter what the latest trends are or what the fashion gurus think. What doesmatter is that you love your home and that your choices make sense for you and your family."
Lastly, Take out the television.Spending time in front of the television keeps the attention off of your lives and onto shadows of life. Before you know it, your time together before bed slips away through the world of media. Just by the simple act of removing the TV, you open up free time to reconnect with your spouse in a special way without distractions.
- 1 of 5