Spring Cleaning Tips and Tricks April 15 2016, 0 Comments
It’s that time again! It’s easy to put off or dread spring-cleaning because it feels like you’re unearthing a year’s worth of grime and clutter, but take it one day at a time, and don’t be afraid to take a whole week to clean! A whole house is WAY too much to take on in one day! Use these helpful tips and tricks to take your cleaning one step at a time!
Lastly don’t let all that cleaning go to waste! Make sure youre getting rid of old junk that you don’t need anymore! Take a look at the list below to help you get started!
- Old magazines - chances are, you wont read them again. Find places where you can donate your magazines to. If there's an article that really speaks to you, scan a digital image or keep a folder of magazine clippings if you like saving magazine articles.
- Receipts, bills, and documents - Throw away receipts for items that you aren't planning on returning, and ones that you won't need to use come tax time. If you're wary of throwing away receipts, you can make a digital copy.
- Clothes - Use the two-year-rule for clothes — get rid of apparel that you haven't worn in two years.
- Books - Go through your bookshelf and gather together books you haven't touched in months and ones that you aren't planning on rereading. Be realistic and make sure you're ruthless.
- Medicine and vitamins - Take a look at your medicine closet and clear out drugs that have expired, medicine that has sat on your shelf for too long, or ones that you no longer use.
- Makeup and perfume - Go through your beauty cabinet and get rid of makeup that's too old or that you don't use.
- Jewelry - Go through your jewelry and dispose of the broken costume jewelry and make plans to sell ones that you don't wear.
- Some memorabilia - Many organizing experts advise to be ruthless and throw away memorabilia like cards and gifts you don't use. But designating a small shoebox for memorabilia is much easier and only throw away anything that can't fit into the box.
- Old or unused electronics - Sell your old electronics to different online relators and toss out the old ones you don’t use anymore. With the growing age of technology if you haven’t used something in 6 months you probably wont use it again.