Decorating a Tricky Corner Space March 18 2016, 0 Comments
Everyone's home has those pesky nooks and crannies that are hard to decorate. Often times awkward spaces are just left hanging about distracting the flow from the rest of the room. Here are some tips to make use of those floundering spaces.
- Place some plants there: buying some cute pots and planting some greenery to a corner will help to fill it up and add an interesting nature element to your space.
- Angle your TV: Angling your TV to block a corner will help unify the space by eliminating the corner and instead making the TV the focal point of the room.
- Create a reading nook: Add a cozy chair and small table to create a little corner perfect to curl up to with a book and a cup of coffee.
- Find a corner cabinet or table: This is the perfect solution to a confusing corner. These tables are perfectly angled for a corner that doesn't quite fit with the rest of a room.
- Lean a mirror or reclaimed signage against the corner: This will add a unique flair to the room and can really compliment other design elements as well.
- Freestanding shelves or a display cabinet: Shelves always work well in a corner and they are a great way to store extra containers or items in an alluring way.
- Corner play area: If you have children you can set up a fun play area in the space and make it feel like it is their own little world dedicated to all their toys and fun.
- A tall or over sized lamp: A lamp can be both charming and beneficial to a room by adding a design element and extra light.
- Wall art: Perfect for any lingering corner you can hang a series of photos or art pieces that you enjoy that will bring positive attention to a corner that you would usually ignore.